This includes consideration of community consultation; ongoing community governance and engagement; transport; place making; community prosperity; local facilities; safety and accessibility; and indoor environment quality.
Vibrant, cohesive, healthy, happy, adaptable, prosperous, sustainable communities.
Development that encourages social capital, community spirit, sustainable local facilities, reduced use of private motor vehicles, a sense of safety/security and accessible and flexible design that welcomes a diversity of people and adapts to their changing needs.
- Consult with surrounding community and traditional owners.
- Encourage community cohesiveness and interactions through the provision of facilities, the ongoing support of community social capital such as community organisations and/or networks and sub-division layout design/masterplan.
- Encourage use of public transport or walking and cycling.
- Accessible local employment, education and services to encourage cohesive community and reduce the need for regular travel beyond the local area.
- Encourage safe, accessible, comfortable housing, facilities and workplaces.
- Protect heritage.
- Maintain and enhance community assets.